I don’t usually do this, but… I really, really want someone to draw the OITNB cast as badass medieval fantasy warriors/adventurers. (don’t laugh. i’m 100% serious)
I have this all planned out but I don’t have the drawing skillz to pull it off. please send me an ask if you want to hear some of my ideas and if you are serious about making this happen.
12:04 am • 31 July 2014 • 8 notes
hermione & her boys
OKAY NO LET ME EXPLAIN YOU A THING.
My ENTIRE CHILDHOOD, this is what I imagined Hermione looked like. A curly haired girl of color who looked something like me, who had a hard time making friends like me because she was intelligent and sometimes she thought too much and didn’t have a problem losing herself in a book. I even ARGUED, tooth and nail with the other students in my class about my headcanon and questioned why she COULDN’T look like me, what was wrong with her looking like me, and why they felt she HAD to be white.
When I found out she wasn’t thanks to the movies, there was a kind of disconnect from her character, and the way I closed that disconnect was to ignore canon and keep picturing her as someone like me. I stopped talking about my headcanon to avoid arguments and name calling and teasing, but I never ever let go of the idea of a POC Hermione.
So to the artist, THANK YOU FOR DRAWING MY HERMIONE.
To be honest, I still picture Hermoine as a mixed girl (black and white).
In turn, I connected that the reason why Malfoy (blonde hair blue eyes) had so much animosity towards her was because she was mixed and a not “pure blood”.
1:22 am • 29 July 2014 • 43,685 notes
So… absolutely everything about her is beautiful
7:15 pm • 26 July 2014 • 2 notes
Reasons I approve of Sailor Moon Crystal
1) There are definitely some homages to my other favorite old-school shoujo warrior princess anime, Shojo Kakumei Motherfuckin’ Utena, and it’s not just the incredible flowy hair and long legs. Key character close-ups framed with roses. Usagi as Princess Serenity in the commercial break/beginning/end transition cuts. I know roses were a thing in the original anime but
2) Mamoru wears a tuxedo even when he’s not Tuxedo Kamen.
3) The transformation sequences are so beautiful. They literally bring tears to my eyes.
3) Ami’s episode had so much character development in just 20 minutes.
4) Mamoru wears glasses when he’s not Tuxedo Kamen.
5) We haven’t seen much of him but I sort of get the impresion that Mamoru is a huge dork. I mean what else do you expect from a guy who dresses in a tuxedo all of the time.
6) It looks like they’re adapting the storyline to introduce all 5 senshi in the first 5 episodes. I am incredibly pleased with this because Makoto and Minako are my faves and always have been.
7) ^on that note, are they going to cycle through the Kings of the Heaven more quickly? Are they going to include the Naru/Nephrite arc (which I am pretty fond of)?
8) ^^ I also think this means less messing around with episodes about sewing wedding dresses and going to balls and cruises to find a boyfriend and stuff. Although I did enjoy the wedding dress episode in the original, I really hope they go for a more modern take on what it means to be a girl growing up with a cosmic destiny and elemental superpowers.
9) I like Usagi better in Crystal, even though she whines almost more than in the original. I think they illustrate her reluctance to be a hero in a pretty effective way.
10) Ami and Usagi’s mutual girl crushes on each other and constant blushing and holding hands is makin’ my heart melt.
11) Sailor V! And the cute Sailor V video game!
12:17 am • 22 July 2014 • 4 notes
So I haven’t been watching this show so I didn’t truly realize how perfect this woman is… episode 3 has made me cry 10 million times already
2:17 pm • 2 July 2014 • 11 notes